– ½ kg, in small peices
Onion – 1 peeled and chooped
– 3 peeled and sliced
– 2 chopped (only the white and light green tender parts)
– ½ inch grated
– 3 cloves, minced
– 2 tablespoon
Stock – 500 ml
& Pepper – to taste
Chili Flakes – a dash
Oregano – 1 teaspoon
oil – 3 tablespoons
– 2 teaspoon for dusting
- Dust the chicken pieces with flour and keep aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon Olive oil in a pan and lightly sauté the chicken.
- Remove the chicken and keep aside in a bowl
- Add the rest of olive oil in the same pan
- Add minced garlic in the oil and fry on low heat till garlic
gives off a wonderful aroma
- Add onion, carrot, leek and sauté
- Add grated ginger
- Add little salt, cover and cook for 2 minutes in low heat.
- When the leeks turn translucent add chicken stock, milk, chili
flakes and oregano
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or till chicken is tender
- Scoop out chicken and vegetables in a bowl and reduce the
stock on high heat for 5-10 minutes to make a thicker stew.
- Serve hot on a bed of rice or with bread.
When you dust chicken with flour it helps in two ways
- browning the chicken while frying
- making the stew little thicker and not very watery