Abnormal temperatures, scorching sun & sweltering heat – the Indian summer shows no mercy on any one. Keeping the body hydrated at all times is a must and what can be better than a Coconut & Lime Punch with a Cranberry Twist!
Tender coconut water contains organic compound which rehydrates & keeps the body cool. Packed with natural sugar, salt & vitamins it helps in reducing fatigue & detoxifies. Lime apart from being rich in Vitamin C & potassium gives the much needed citrus tang while Cranberry breaks the monotony. So energise yourself with this simple refreshing tropical punch!
1. Tender coconut water – 4 glasses
3. Cranberry juice – 1 glass
4. Palm Candy (Palm Sugar) – 1 table spoon
5. Mint finely chopped & crushed – 1 table spoon
6. Ginger juliennes – 1 tea spoon
8. Pomegranate seeds – 1 teaspoon
This is a very simple summer cooler and doesn’t need much effort.
- Mix the tender coconut water & lemon juice. I like putting the lemon pieces in the jar - in the Sangria style.
- Add the palm sugar, salt, ginger and crushed mint to it and mix well.
- Add the cranberry juice & pomegranate seeds. Adding pomegranate only enhances the taste in case you don’t like them you can leave it.